Monday, June 30, 2008

Motown Philly

Okay, so this is going to date me, but I remember at the end of the year in 8th grade, a group of 9th grade boys got up at our final assembly and did a lip sync to Boyz II Men's song "End of the Road". Everyone thought it was AWESOME as those boys in their Girbaud jeans and BUM equipment shirts and bowl cuts sang their little hearts out. Now fast forward to 2008. Boyz II Men are not exactly popular anymore, but they are from Philly and they are doing a FREE concert downtown this weekend for the city's big 4th of July celebration. I've never had the desire to see the band in concert, but after living in Philly for 3 years, I've gained a new appreciation for their lyrics:

Never skipped a beat,
While cooling on South street
Jet black Benz, plenty of friends
And all the Philly steaks you could eat

So, if anyone wants to join us for a concert and fireworks Saturday, you're more than welcome!

6 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

I would totally be there in a heart beat. I think it would be so much fun.

amyorr said...

that is RAD. Have fun. Boyz II men ABC BBD

Lisa T. said...

Okay Emily, your blog is absolutely darling! I'm supposed to be in bed, but I've spent the past hour and a half reading and enjoying! I need to check in more often. I am such a rookie at this blogging business that it's pathetic. Next time you're in town I'm going to pin you down and have a little Blogging 101. I think it is so cool that you guys are always doing something fun (or funny! which your concert will probably be) or going somewhere new. You guys are the best! We sure miss you!

The Skinners said...

How fun... I loved boys II Men back in the day. I remember being so jealous that my friends went to their concert in 8th grade. ha ha. If I were still in Philly, I would come with you.

Patty and Alex said...

Hey, Emily! Thanks for your help. Now I actually added people. Granted, I might not know as many people with blogs yet, but this is a start. Eventually, I will get the hang of more features.
Take Care!

Michelle said...

I totally remember that assembly! The real thing will never compete!