Friday, June 6, 2008

The Happening

So the new M. Night Shyamalan movie comes out next week. Unfortunately it's rated R. Bummer. We really wanted to see it because parts of it were filmed right in our backyard. Our figurative backyard that is. We ate breakfast at one of the filming locations, The G-Lodge in Phoenixville. It's named the Filbert in the movie and the diner is leaving the movie props (including the Filbert sign) up until the movie comes out. They also filmed at the 30th St Station and Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia, Ridley Creek State Park, and Route 23/Country Club Road in Phoenixville.
The G-Lodge
Ridley Creek State Park

A lot of great and not-so-great movies have been filmed in the Philly area. A few worth mentioning: Witness, The Village, Unbreakable, The 6th Sense, Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky V, Rocky Balboa, National Treasure, Lady in the Water, Mannequin, The Italian Job, Beloved, Invincible, Independence Day, In Her Shoes. And who can forget The Blob? We fully intend on going to BlobFest again this year!

5 comments:

Val said...

I too was so sad to see it was R. What is blob fest and can we be in?! You two are always doing the most fun things, you need to call us. Better yet, we will call you, its been a while since you've been up.

Ginnie said...

learn something new everyday :) We sure miss you guys!

Chell said...

Blobfest? Hmm I can't say I knwo what that is either, but intrigued.

Yea I was bummed it was rated R also. Grrrr

Krystal said...

I really do look forward to coming to your blog, cuz I love to see all the new fun things you guys are doing. How do you find out about all the fun stuff you do? I mean every week you guys do something amazing. Really you are the best little wife. Dave is lucky to have you by his side. You've taken your time in Philly and lived it up! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Mal said...

That is so cool! Why don't I live in Philadelpia? I want to go to Blobfest..