On Saturday, de
Next on the agend
a: Dragon Boat Races. We've always wanted to go watch a race on the Schuylkill River and this weekend happened to be the Philadelphia International Dragon Boat Festival.
The origin of Dragon Boat Racing dates back alm
ost 2000 years to the Chinese legend of Qu Yuan who was exiled after his advice to the king was misinterpreted as an attempt to assume greater political power.
ost 2000 years to the Chinese legend of Qu Yuan who was exiled after his advice to the king was misinterpreted as an attempt to assume greater political power.
The dishonor
of being exiled was a heavy burden and in his sorrow, Qu Yuan threw himself into the torrents of the Milou River. In an attempt to save him, local fisherman raced out and wildly beat their drums and splashed the water with their paddles to
try and prevent water dragons and fish from eating his body. The modern Dragon Boat Race is based upon the re-enactment of the race to save Qu.
It was fun to see, but the heat was making me miserable. I didn't even want to walk down to the finish line (which wasn't very far away).
try and prevent water dragons and fish from eating his body. The modern Dragon Boat Race is based upon the re-enactment of the race to save Qu.It was fun to see, but the heat was making me miserable. I didn't even want to walk down to the finish line (which wasn't very far away).
The last thing we did on Saturday was meet up with my aunt Linda and cousin Aleisa. They are on a tour with Aleisha's 5th grade teacher. They've been to Boston, New York, Philly, and now they are in Washington DC. We had dinner and ice cream with them and were able to catch up. It was fun to see them!
6 comments:
Sorry about the strawberry short cake being a bust. I hope you can come here in December and I will make you some just for you at our christmas party. I hope yo u are not tooo hot and enjoying your time out there still. HUGS
Yea when it is this hot I find it tought oenjoy doing anythign. Weather should be breaking later this week and be back in the 80's. Until then I suggest lots of Ice cream and staying in the AC
This is our first East Coat heat wave and it is really awful! I'm glad that you still went out and saw some great stuff. I love the picture of Dave looking unsure about the strawberry shortcake, it made me laugh!
I'm glad I missed the heat. It has been so cold here in Utah, that I was feeling a little sad, I guess you guys have all the sun!!! Well it looks like you had some more fun. Keep it up, I love to learn about all the fun stuff I missed out on. I mean it's so sad we didn't do half the stuff you do. I guess thats why I have you guys to keep me in the "know".
You guys are always doing fun stuff!! How sad about the strawberries - it does look good. I wish we would get some heat here! It is June and almost every other day is freezing! What's up with that?
I love your blog! The name suits it well - you guys go on so many adventures!!! Good job at keeping life fun and exciting!
Post a Comment