This weekend we went to a Civil War Reenactment at Pennypacker Mills. My Dad would be so proud, and jelous :)
Ready...Aim...Fire!

The Union won this round.

It's pretty interesting that people come from all over to reenact Civil War life. They not only did the battle reeactment, but civilian life was also demonstrated. Families come dressed in period costume, bring their white tents, and stay for the weekend as if it were 1865.
We also took a tour of the historic mansion, which was the home of Governor Pennypacker and his family from 1900-1916.

On our way home, we decided to explore a bit and came across the Spring Mountain Ski Resort. We were curious what a Pennsylvania Ski Resort looks like compared to a Utah Resort, since there aren't many "mountains" in these parts. Well, here it is. We were laughing pretty hard, especially when the map showed a double black diamond route. On this hill. Wow. I think I could get used to skiing here. Dave, however, will stick to the "Best Snow on Earth".


On our way home, we decided to explore a bit and came across the Spring Mountain Ski Resort. We were curious what a Pennsylvania Ski Resort looks like compared to a Utah Resort, since there aren't many "mountains" in these parts. Well, here it is. We were laughing pretty hard, especially when the map showed a double black diamond route. On this hill. Wow. I think I could get used to skiing here. Dave, however, will stick to the "Best Snow on Earth".
4 comments:
How fun. Ok lets make a deal. "When" We decide to go back east I am going to make you make me a map and a list of things we should go see. WOW how fun is that. And that skiing I can do. (since I have never been skiing before.)
Are you kidding me? That is so cool! You guys seriously do the neatest things out there. I always know when I come to your blog that I'm in for a treat! I'm glad you guys are truly living it up and enjoying all the fun things Philly has to offer. Way to go! ;)
Your pictures are amazing. Seeing everything so green, and beautiful made me miss good old Philly. It's crazy I can't just get in the car and go see things any more. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! You really have done it all. The truth is I think a lot of us get our fun, from reading your blog. You and Dave have done it right, and have had the most fun out there! Miss you guys.
We have been to a few civil war reenactments too--my favorite is here in the south, because a lot of people still do not realize that the north won--it's so funny!!
Post a Comment