Monday, March 23, 2009

New York

Last weekend we made a quick trip to New York with our friends the Perry's. We hadn't been to the Manhattan temple yet and figured this was our last chance to go before the baby and the big move. We did a session first and then watched the Perry's kids while they did a session.
We walked over to Central Park for a few minutes but we were starving so we used the GPS to find the nearest Gray's Papaya (hot dog stand). There happened to be one just a few blocks away. Little did I know those few blocks would just about kill me.
I've started having some pain whenever I walk but for some reason it was really intense that day. By time we got our lunch, all I wanted to do is sit for the rest of the day.Luckily there was a little square across the street with benches, so we took the girls over there and they just played around. They were good sports.
Aleah took this picture of us. I plopped myself down on this bench and didn't move again until it was time to head back to the temple. Gotta feed the pigeons! We had planned on going to Canal Street to do some shopping before we left the big city, but due to me walking like a 90 year old woman and the chilly weather, we decided to head home. But not before making a stop for dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ. Mmmmmm.



4 comments:

amyorr said...

Loves you short and sweet comment on my blog. I went to the Manhattan temple once. Good for you for getting out there. Can't wait to see you little guy!

The Perry family said...

Thanks again for watching the girls. We love our trips with you guys. After the big move, dry a tear, we might have to do a yearly trip...maybe OBX:)

nora.lakehurst said...

How fun. Oh and Seth and I are planning on going to the big city for our anniversary next year. So be prepared to give us suggestions and things like that. :D
Like I said. How in the world did I miss these posts?

Shara said...

Don't you just love how everything gets just a little harder everyday. I'm so excited for you. When are you moving?