Monday, February 4, 2008

Here We Are!

The Arthur's have entered the world of blogging. Welcome to our site. We can't promise it will be updated regularly, but it will be a good way for family and friends to see what we're up to.

Dave and I are living in Pennsylvania while Dave attends dental school. We have 1 year and 4 months left of the 4 year program. Time flies!

We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Since this blog is going to be a family journal of sorts, I want to give a quick overview of the past 4 wonderful years through pictures (warning: I'll try and keep it simple, but this might end up being REALLY long).
Dave and I met during the summer of 2002. We were both attending BYU and moved into the same ward for the summer. We had a lot of fun dating and getting to know each other. Maybe I'll get into more detail at another time. We were married January 2, 2004 in the Manti Temple.






















Here are some random pictures from the last four years:
Fly Fishing at 6th Water

Welcoming home my brother Daniel from Iraq.



Thanksgiving Point


Our first niece, Savannah was born. May 2004

Welcoming home Dave's brother Ryan from his mission


In Colorado with my family

Hey look, it's Napoleon and Deb! Halloween 2004

Dave mountain biking

Hiking the Subway in Zion National Park

This is the way I like to fish
Our first Christmas in our little apartment in Provo, 2004

Church History Trip with Dave's family, 2005





We had three weddings during the summer of '05 (my brother, my sister, and Dave's brother) Here is a pic of my sister and my brother's wife.
Daniel and Magen were first


Then Rob and Jen
And then Kristin and Loren


A couple days after the last wedding, Dave and I took off on a 2,000 mile adventure across the US to our new home in Pennsylvania. We stopped for a day in Nauvoo.


This is the bathroom that greeted us in our new apartment. Needless to say, this was my first project to take care of. But all in all, we really like our apartment.

Doesn't that look better?

This is from our first trip into Philly, a day or two before Dave started school. We saw the Liberty Bell and had our first authentic Philadelphia Cheesesteaks.
Yeah! Our first visitors. Three of my aunts and one uncle were on a "leaf peeping tour" through New England and they came to see us--we had a great time! October 2005


Eating cheesesteaks at Jim's on Southstreet

One of the more famous cheesesteak spots (but they definitely not the best)

Visiting family in Utah for Christmas, 2005

Isn't this the best Santa you've ever seen? I found it under my Grandma's tree.
Longwood Gardens with our friends, the Perry's. We had a picnic lunch, then explored the beautiful gardens and ended the day with a fountain show.

Mom and Dad came to visit us in May 2006. We saw a few things in Philly but the main attraction was a trip to Gettysburg. Dad was in heaven.

The day after Mom and Dad left, the girls (Angie, Jana, Jill and Anne) came to visit. We saw the sites in Philly and Lancaster.


At the end of May, Dave took a canoeing/fishing trip with some other dental students.


Okay, I'm going to continue this little backtrack through time in my next post.

13 comments:

Em said...

That is a phenomenal whirlwind tour!

amyorr said...

welcome aboard! Your blog is cute. Wow, you guys have sure seen a lot of stuff. Great pictures!

Jenn said...

Wow! Looks like you're officially caught up with blogging for the last four years . . . or at least close to it. Great job! We're excited to keep up with you guys a little better this way! We'll be checking. :)

The Skinners said...

I am glad you started blogging! I loved all your pictures, you make such a great couple.

nora.lakehurst said...

Welcome you guys. You can come visit my BORING site anytime. I love pictures. You can totally post them anytime you want. I wanna go out there and see it in real life.
I cant believe it has been four years since you guys have been married. It just seems like yesterday you guys got married. I should talk I got four kids and just about eight years to my record. How fun. Ok I am boring you and others. TTYL Karla Southern

Chell said...

Hey welcome to the blogging world. Great and fun post....

Lisa T. said...

Hi Emily. Savannah and I love your pictures! I had to create an identity to leave you a comment, so I guess I am now working on a spot as well. The only problem is that I'm clueless! I might have to hit you up for some help since yours turned out so well.

Jenn said...

Hey cool! Another blog for me to stalk! You can add my link too!

http://www.zollyzoo.com/jennblog/

Michelle said...

So cute! I'm glad you're blogging! Your pictures make me want to come visit you!!

Chris said...

Welcome! I love the pictures. They bring back good memories of Philly!

Kelli said...

Hey guys! I didn't know you had a blog! I just stumbled across it through someone elses blog. Yay! Now we can blog together. Your pics are so cute! I love the ones of your wedding. We miss you guys! Keep in touch. -Mark and Kelli

David and Amy said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you have a blog, I've missed the two of you and was so jealous when Ben and Jenn got to visit you last month! You both look fabulous (your hair is beautiful, Emily) and look like you have been living a great life these past few years. I especially loved the Napoleon and Deb costumes for Halloween!

Ginnie said...

Wow, you guys have done a lot!

I'm so glad you guys are joining the blogging bunch!