Monday, May 4, 2009

Celebrations

Last weekend included the first round of "good-bye celebrations" for us. I'm sure there will be plenty more in the weeks to come!

Thursday was girls night out at the Melting Pot for dessert. YUM!

Friday we had dinner at Outback with other couples from the spanish branch. Yum again.Saturday was a senior BBQ hosted by the Marostica's.
Another Yum. How can you beat shishkabob's, varied side dishes and...drumroll please..

The Bacon Explosion
Matt was able to fulfil every guys dream and every vegetarian's worst nightmare with this masterpiece.


Hangin' down by the stream
Only a few brave souls tried the rope swing...
...including the pregnant lady.
I can never resist a rope swing.

12 comments:

em said...

The Hub got some sweet shots of you swingin' away! I'll email them along shortly :)

I love that celebrations revolve around food. Mmmmmm.

Jenn said...

OK, before I even saw the video at the end, I thought "Emily would totally do that with even with a big 'ol (and totally cute!) pregnant belly!" You're amazing!

Krystal said...

Oh the good-bye stuff is fun, but yet sad at the same time. Good news is you will be welcoming in the sweet little boy of yours very soon... so I think with all that love you might not feel the good-bye stuff too bad. As for swinging on the rope, I could not believe you did that. I mean here you are almost ready to have a baby. You go girl, or should I say mama!

Ginnie said...

My favorite part is at the beginning of the video "is she crazy" I love it.

Goodbyes... it makes me sad all over again.

amyorr said...

You go girl!! SO happy for you guys.

nora.lakehurst said...

I cant wait till you guys are here. And YAY for going on the rope swing. You dont see them here very often.

Patty and Alex said...

How funny!! I am glad that you find ways to amuse yourself to make the last weeks of pregnancy fly by.

Unknown said...

Emily! I was holding my breath the entire time you were swinging on the rope swing! You are so brave:) How are you feeling? I wish I could be there with you.

The Skinners said...

Wow you are always up for an adventure! Way to go!!! Sounds like a perfect mom for a little boy. Cole keeps me having fun for sure. Also I cant believe its already been one year since we were saying our goodbyes. You will definately enjoy the next step. BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!

Ashley H. said...

Way to go on the swing Em! You are so brave!

The Blandon's said...

You are awesome! You are always up for a great adventure aren't you!
Goodbyes to you and Dave!

Ashlee said...

You are awesome, Emily. Reminds me of the water hold in Price.