Monday, October 6, 2008

Talents, Chain-saws and Temples

We kicked off our weekend with our first annual Primary Talent Show. It was so much fun. We had everything from piano playing to rapping and scooter tricks to break dancing. I'll spare you the video of the primary teachers' lip-sync to High School Musical.


This was my first attempt at doing a digital scrapbook page. Does anyone know how to make the pictures not look so "flat"?

Saturday we took in the Fall Fest at Mill Grove. We met John James Audubon. Right after this picture was taken, the guy in the background told John he had better take his sunglasses off, or else! We saw a chain-saw artist in action creating an owl...and learned about the Lenape Indians.
We lost track of time at the festival and missed the first bit of General Conferrence, where the big announcement was made: a temple in Philadelphia! Even though we'll be gone before the temple is built, we are so grateful for this news. Having a temple nearby will be such a blessing for all the faithful members in this area!

9 comments:

Chell said...

Fun on the digial scrapbook page. I need to try that some time... Course I should also spend some time doign traditional scrapbooking too.

nora.lakehurst said...

I havent done it but If you want depth you might want to try doing some layers. And then shadowing the picture on the mat. It should bring more depth to your photo. That is what they do to photos in frames. Just so they can get more color and more depth to anything.
YAY for learning more about indians. And YAY for seeing such cool things. I wish I could see cool things like that. I am going to have to look up some activites that dont cost money so we can see some fun things like that. Well alas I must bid adiu since I know you love my LONG responses. LOL
My kids are driving me MAD lub ya
Cant wait till December :D YAY

The Perry family said...

Sweet! I don't know a thing about digital scrapbooking, but looks good! I need to get those pics from you.
As far as Mill grove, I hope you got John James Audubon's autograph because I think it's pretty hard to get a dead man's hancock!
Are you holding a tomahawk?!

Lisa T. said...

Your digital scrapbook page looks great! How did you do it? I was experimenting a bit on Picasa, but it didn't turn out good enough to post. Fun fall fest!

Ashlee said...

Hey Emily
Definitely let me know when you guys make your trip. I'm super close to New Haven, and I'd love to see you:)

David and Amy said...

The primary talent show looks awesome, I bet that was a ton of fun! I'm so excited for all the new temples they announced, I thought about you guys when they said Philadelphia. You'll have to make a trip back sometime after it's completed.
Also, believe it or not, I really don't watch Survivor or much TV at all anymore! I'm a changed woman! :)

Krystal said...

That digital scrapbook page looks so good. You really need to have a class on that! No really if I still lived in the good old colony I would be getting in on that. So fun! Sounds like a fun fall day for you guys.

Stacia said...

I think it's awesome that you two actually get out and go to PA-specific events. You will never have to look back and think, "I wish we would have done that or gone there." Good for you guys.

Ashley said...

What a fun talent show. It looks like you guys are having a blast!! I think your digital scrapbooking page looks awesome!!