
My aunt Caroline came to visit us this weekend! We started our Saturday with a trip to Nudy's for breakfast--YUMMY!

1st covered bridge of the day

We stopped at St. Peters Village on our way out to Lancaster County.

I was looking forward to using the rope swing again, but it looks like some vandals had a hey-day with the rope before we got there. I'm trying to have a sad look on my face but I was laughing at the same time.

After all that rock climbing we needed to stop for some refreshment at the bakery!

2nd covered bridge

Dave showing off his stream jumping ability. I made him do it twice because the first picture didn't turn out :)
8 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend. I have not had breakfast at Nudy's in forever, now I want to go there..
This post made me really laugh. here is why.......
i have tried some of that "homemade rootbeer" myself and it was the most discusting thing I have ever tasted. We must of bought from 2 different amish families.
Dave jumping that MASSSIVE stream was unbelievable.
I love kit kats. My facorite candy bar. I didn't know that the best ones come from Spain. I knew there was a reason I wanted to visit there. Good times!!
So what's a whoopie pie? That sure is a funny name. Leave it to the Amish. I love the picture with the deep red leaves. What a gorgeous color!
K, I tried to follow the sign to Amish root-beer one day because I love root-beer. Well, I couldn't find it, so Tyler decided to find it when his brother was here. They brought some home and told me it was really good to make me drink it. It's disgusting! We saved some in our fridge for a few weeks and made people try it when they came over. It was really funny. You would think with Shady Maple they would know how to make a good drink! I like your frowny face bye-the-way.
Is this the same aunt that we went hiking with in Zions with all of the handicapped students? Do you remember that hike and coming across the abandoned camp, and on our way back down the cops had a huge investigation going on? It looks like you had a fun weekend.
WOW how fun. You know on your blog on my page it just shows a . as your name. So I go by it all the time and thinking that you haven't posted for a long time.
Then I finally got this blog thing to show me a snipit and a pic with your blog so now it will show me something other than words. SO YAY!!!!
What a tasty weekend! I didn't know that the woman with you at church last Sunday was your aunt. How did she fare in the SPANISH branch? Oh wait, she just got back from Spain. Nevermind.
Love your trips! Nice jumping skills Dave! The rootbeer, hmm......I'm feeling a lot better about Matthew never stopping for the rootbeer now. I guess I'll stop giving him a hard time about that. Looks like you showed your aunt a good time!
Post a Comment