Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall

Q: You know what got me out of bed this morning?
A: Thinking "I should decorate my apartment (and apparently my blog) for Fall today!"

It's finally starting to feel like Fall around here. I was really enjoying the extended summer weather but, alas, Fall has come. I have a love-hate relationship with Fall.

I Like:
Fall clothing
Not shaving as often
Cool nights
Leaves changing colors
Snuggling in a blanket
The Office starts!
The smell of wood burning fires
Halloween and Thanksgiving
The crunch of leaves on the ground as you walk through them

I Don't Like:
No more shorts or flip flops
COLD mornings (that's why I didn't want to get out of bed)
Leaves falling off the trees
No more lush PA greenery
The days getting shorter
Getting sick
Knowing it will get a lot colder before it gets warmer

7 comments:

Em said...

Yeah, I think I could really love Fall here if it didn't mean that winter was coming. Ugh.

Lisa T. said...

I agree with you! If winter wasn't so darn long then the coming of fall would be a much more welcome event for me.

Patty and Alex said...

Emily, I love the fall! It has always been my favorite season. I have to agree that I hate cold mornings! Not the cold mornings when I can stay home and don't have to get dressed. I can't stand the ones when I have to put on something nice early in the morning. I just stare at the closet because I dread being cold for those 2 minutes while changing. I sleep much better in the fall but can't wake up. I like your fall theme. You have inspired me to unpack and put up fall decorations at home.

Rob and Jennifer said...

Well honestly I wish I could say that fall was in the air here! It is still like 90 degrees! I really miss the fall that is my favorite time of year.

Krystal said...

I love the new blog page! So cute. I need to do mine. As for Fall, you're so lucky. That is the best time of the year. I miss it so much. I loved Fall in PHilly. It is the best. So live it up. I really am missing Philly, all you guys, and the fun places back there. I guess that means I will have to make a trip out there sometime. I mean I love AZ, and all the sunny days, but I really wish I could add the beautiful colors of fall over the place. I guess thats why I will have to go to Utah a lot this time of the year. We get to go in two days, so hopefully it will cool off there and give some of that crisp air feeling.

Chell said...

Love the new fall blog. I gave mine a fall facelift also..

A lot of the points you mentioned are good ones, one moer thing I don't like if the rainy part of fall.

Stacia said...

I repeat your famous word: AMEN! (esp. to not shaving as much and The Office. ;^)