Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter

I'm only one week behind on this post. Yay!


Easter morning Cole found his basket (full of empty eggs). I thought about filling them with something he can eat, like Cheerios, but I decided he would like empty eggs just as much as filled eggs. And I was right. He's still playing with them :)
Don't worry though. The grandma's made sure he got more than just empty eggs. This is the book and picture he got from Grandma and Grandpa Arthur. After opening his present we hopped in the car for a day trip to Price. Does this look like Easter weather to you?
While we were driving through the canyon, Dave told me that the Easter bunny didn't know where my basket was so he left me a treat in the car. I found a huge bag of Cadburry mini eggs under my seat. SCORE! These were hard to come by this year. We probably looked at 6 different stores and couldn't find them anywhere. The day before Easter Dave went to another couple of stores without luck. He finally went to Allen's and was skunked again but needed to buy an egg dying kit and as he was checking out he saw this bag of candy behind the checkout counter. He asked the lady if he could buy it and she said "yeah, someone just returned it. I don't know why. These have been a hot item this year!" How's that for some Easter luck?

When we got to Price we watched conference and then had a big feast/birthday party for my brother
Koen likes to give Cole "hugs" and chocolate kisses on the back of his head Cole and Kody playing with grandpa's sheds. Yeah, their great baby toys.
After dinner we headed back north and got home in time to play a few games with the Arthur clan


10 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

LOL I cant stop laughing at the photo of Cole with the "hug" seriously that is the best. Whew wow ok well I am glad you guys had a great easter

Michelle Jensen said...

I'm jealous that you finally found the Cadbury mini eggs! I looked a couple places and couldn't find them. Tate is impressed that Cole is so big, and wants to meet him soon.

Rob and Jennifer said...

I am also feeling the pain of no mini eggs. I could not find them either!! I wait all year to indulge in them. Maybe next year.

Krystal said...

Nice job on the Cadbury Eggs! Don't you just love Easter candy?! OK so your little Cole...not so little anymore. He is so handsome and just too cute! Is he walking? Look how big he has gotten. I just think he is so cute. I am saying he looks more like you. Is that what others say? Look at his little Easter outfit. What a stud! I feel like such a bad friend. I should be calling you and checking in on you more. HOw are you guys. from the look of things life is good right? I look to see if you post on this blog(lets work on that more)!!! hahaha... Well we send our love. Everyone looks so happy and good. I'm glad to see it. I am also really glad you posted so we could see your little man. He is really so cute!

The Skinners said...

What a fun easter. he is cute as ever and i love his little outfit.

David and Amy said...

Dave did awesome with the cadbury mini egg surprise, seriously that is so sweet! Cole is so cute, I love the picture of him in his little tub!

Angela said...

That cracks me up Cole got empty eggs for Easter, haha! I also love the pic of Kody and Cole playing with the shed...Cole looks very excited and Kody looks very guilty!

Stacia said...

He's getting so big! (I know I say that every time I leave a comment... but it's true.)

You guys are extremely missed out here, but it looks like you're having a great time in Utah. Juan went to go visit Dave at the office while we were in Utah over the Christmas break, but it was closed. Maybe this summer?

Mikelle said...

so so jealous. I left another comment but for some reason it didn't show up!!

Unknown said...

Brooke is trying to help me type. hehehe. I love the picture of Koen and Cole. Cole's face has funniest expression as he is chomping down on Koen's arm, hehehe! We had a hard time finding mini-eggs too! Loren managed to find some though. It can't be Easter without mini-eggs :P