Monday, November 2, 2009

Other October Happenings

My calling at church is to be on the Enrichment Committe. We do activities about once a month but probably our biggest activity of the year is Super Saturday, a day full of crafts and food. It turned out great! I taught two classes: hairbow boards and letter photography.

While we lived back East, Dave and I were on the lookout for cool architecture that looked like letters of the alphabet. Now we have the entire alphabet.
.
This is the "Witch House". It's a few blocks away and huge attraction. Cole's cousins love to go see her at night because she acutally rides her bike!

Dave and my Dad went on a hike to The Phantom Ranch, a.k.a. the Marsing Ranch
It's literally out in the middle of nowhere
I'm forgetting the history, but I believe the Marsings ran the ranch until the 30's at which time it was abandoned
Everything was left in place and because of it's remote location, looters have been unable to take much out
I'm not sure how they got this car to the ranch, there certainly isn't a passable road today
What a fun glimpse into the past
Hopefully next time I can go too!


"Yeah, a baby smaller than me I can beat up on!"
Action shot--spit upper extrodinaire

Cousin Brookleigh's baby blessing
Riding the big trikes





Watching Savannah's gymnastics review
I think the bars are her favorite


Go EAGLES!


Housewarming party for my aunt Caroline




4 comments:

The Perry family said...

Enrichment committee, sounds like a good place for you! Love the letter photography.
Looks like cool ranch. Was it abondoned because it was haunted? OoooOOooo!
The big trikes look fun!
I bet the Savannah was looking so cute doing her gymnastics!

Chell said...

That reminds me I need to finish my alphabet I started a few years ago. Mine is all nature and I got side tracked. Maybe I will start over with arcitecture. Love those big trikes. how fun.

Hope you guys are doing well.

Stacia said...

That Letter Photography is such a cool idea! Your pictures with it are amazing! You have quite a talent, my dear.

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! I stole some of them because they are so stinking cute:) I want to see the finished product of the hair bow holder.