Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Catch Up

Where did August go? It seems like I never have a spare moment to blog anymore. So let's play catch up.

Cole keeps growing like a weed. He's 3 months old now and thinks he is a big boy. He doesn't like to be cradled like a baby and he doesn't like to take naps. He does like to use his strong leg muscles and stand up as much as possible.


Cute baby boy
Baby smiles are the best

Cole had his first hair cut this month. He was born with dark hair, which all fell out except this patch in the back.
It was getting pretty long and would sometimes stick straight out. It was quite the hair-do. I decided it was time to cut it off so that when he is older he doesn't complain that I let him have a baby mullet
The end result
Taking a snooze
We had a BBQ with some of my old roomies from SUU. I hadn't seen these girls in at least 5 years.
My cousin Dylan left on his mission to Mexico. We got together for lunch before he entered the MTC



We blessed Cole on August 22. It was a family affair at home. I loved doing it at home because it is was very personal and intimate. We had 45 family members in attendance and we had a great time. Dave gave Cole a beautiful blessing and I cried like a baby.

The sun was so bright Cole couldn't keep his eyes open
After the blessing we had dinner and hung out for a few hours. Despite the 98 degree weather, no one melted.





At the end of the month Doug and Terry (Dave's parents) celebrated 35 years of marriage. We had a little get-together in their honor Dave's grandparentsThe grill masterSome family photos


Cole had just woken up from a too-short nap, hence the mad look



Now as September starts, Dave and I are both sick :(
Hopefully Cole doesn't catch anything from us, but chances aren't in his favor.

8 comments:

Em said...

Aw, he's cute when he's mad. Thanks for the post! (I know it was just for me.....)

Ashley said...

He is so handsome in his blessing outfit. Looks like fun having so much family around to enjoy and play with.

Anonymous said...

Cole is an adorable baby! I can't believe he is already 3 months old. So where are you guys now? Are you back in Utah?

The Perry family said...

That little boy is one of the cutest little guys ever! His blessing outfit is adorable! And his mad face, it's awesome. Good job with the haircut! Way to go grill master! Say hi to your families for us! Miss you guys!

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW How did I miss this post. You guys are adorable and it will get better with time. You will find time when you want to have it. We so need to do dinner asap. Love you guys.

Lisa T. said...

We love watching baby Cole grow! His blessing was very special! I loved how you did it at home with the family.

Krystal said...

I love his blessing outfit! Did you make it? What a special day for him. How nice to have so much family around. I think that is sweet that you did it at home. Can I just say he is so cute when he smiles! I mean it was always hard to for me to get a smile on camera when they are that little, but you've gotten a few now... good job! He is just so handsome. I can't wait to see him in person. Looks like he keeps you busy, and happy. What a fun month you had! I really want to see you in Oct. So lets make it happen.

David and Amy said...

Fun update! Cole is so handsome in his little blessing outfit!