Wednesday, June 24, 2009

G and G Keller in PA

My parents were able to come when Cole was 5 days old and stay for a week. They helped us out so much with the baby and with getting packed and ready to move.Of course my dad still wanted to do a lot of sightseeing. I told him that if he packed, his reward would be a trip to Gettysburgh. Boy, did that get him hopping :) We actually didn't end up going though. Instead we went to a Civil War Reunion (which he LOVED and was much much closer to home). Don't feel sorry for him, he's been to Gettysburgh about 10 times.
This is where Cole and I hung out during the battle reenactment (far away from the noisy cannons). It was quite cozy and we were treated to banjo music on the porch.
Downtown Philly
One last Philly Cheesesteak at Jim's on SouthstreetOne last trip to Lancaster and the Shady Maple
This little Amish outfit was for a doll, but it would have fit Cole
My parents took our bikes for a little spin through Mill Grove and Valley Forge (a 4 hour spin)
We went to Zwhalen's not once, not twice, but three times in that last week! Man, I miss that place. Zwhalen's has a flavor suggestion box and in the past 4 years I have suggested that lemon be the flavor of the day probably at least 20 times but to no avail. Guess what the flavor of the day was the very day we moved away? LEMON RASPBERRY! I saw the sign as we were driving out of town! I would have stopped if we hadn't just barely had lunch with ice cream for dessert. What are the odds that lemon would be the flavor of the day the very day I move away (in the same week I went there 3 times)???

No comments: