Friday, April 18, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

It's hard to believe that a week ago we were in Utah! Time flies. Thanks to Ryan and Heather for getting married and Daniel and Magen for having a baby so we could have a good excuse to fly out for the weekend! It was such a short trip, but so good to see family.

Due to my boss not wanting me to miss ANY work, we had to leave Thursday night and come home Monday. Of course, even if I wasn't working, we probably would have had to do that anyway since Dave is in the middle of finals right now. C'est la vie.

We left Philly around 8:30 pm, had an hour layover in Vegas, and arrived in SLC around 2:30 am (that's 4:30 am Philly time). I guess I was getting delirious by time we got to Vegas since I not only walked into a men's restroom, but used it as well. I didn't notice I was IN a men's restroom until I walked OUT of the stall and saw a row of men washing their hands! I can only imagine the look of confusion on my face which quickly turned to mortification as I got the heck out of there! Then, sitting in the terminal, I had to wonder if any of the men that saw me were getting on the same flight! I called my sisters, who were at our cousins house waiting to pick us up in a few hours, and told them about it and they were all cracking up! And it made me laugh so hard I was crying in the terminal (again, the delirium)!

Friday we slept in (of course) and then helped with wedding stuff (sort of) and then went out to dinner with Dave's fam.
Saturday was the big event:


After the reception Saturday night, we headed south to see my fam. Sunday was the blessing of our first nephew on my side, Koen. It was our first time meeting the little guy and he's just adorable!


We had so much fun seeing our families! We love you and miss you all!



5 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds so busy! It's fun to see the photos:)

nora.lakehurst said...

OH my you guys were busy. And what ADORABLE little ones. Man Savannah is getting so BIG.

David and Amy said...

I was laughing out loud at your story of using the men's bathroom! Oh, that is hilarious. Looks like you had a great visit home!

Krystal said...

Sounds like you guys were really busy, but it looks like it was a lot of fun! It's always nice to go home even if it is just for a weekend. Home is home, and you got to love it.

Kelli said...

That is hilarious that you went into the men's room! I can imagine the horror you felt walking out of that stall. Thanks for the giggle!

We were so sad that we missed the reception! We forgot about it until after the fact and now feel even worse knowing that you guys were here and we could have seen you!! It's too bad you couldn't stay longer so we could play. I guess we'll have to wait till Christmas. We miss you guys!