Sunday, April 6, 2008

Philly Cherry Blossoms

So we missed the cherry blossoms in DC a couple weeks ago, but found out that Philadelphia has it's own Sakura Cherry Blossom Festival! It runs for two weeks with different events around the city like Japanese drumming and dance performances, martial arts, origami, shiatsu, and kite making. We decided to check out the trees this morning (since conference doesn't start until noon here). It was cold and rainy but SO worth it!

The cherry trees are planted all throughout Fairmount Park (the largest park in the US) and along the Skuykill River. Fairmount is filled with cool statues and memorials and even Colonial mansions.
Check out this Japanese tea house and garden. It's a beautiful place!
I don't know what kind of trees these are (not cherry) but they are so pretty!
Did I mention I LOVE spring on the East Coast???


9 comments:

amyorr said...

What a beautiful place! I love that you both have your TEMPLE shirts on. Awesome. You guys are cute.

Chell said...

Hey those trees you are nto sure abotu might actually be weeping cherry trees. I have lived here most of my life and had no idea they did that in fairmount park, sad huh???

David and Amy said...

Wow, that looks awesome! I love Japanese style gardens and architecture. I'm excited for spring to make its appearance here!

nora.lakehurst said...

So beautiful. I am so envious. Those trees are so WOW and yes I love spring. Its my favorite season. And you guys look like you are having so much fun. Enjoy all of it.

Stacia said...

Juan and I definitely have to go... those pictures are gorgeous!

Ashley said...

You two always have the best ideas of what to do on the weekends. I want to come!!! Now, if we can just pry Justin out of his crazy study habit ways.

Michelle said...

It is so beautiful there! Why do we still have snow and dead grass and dead trees????

Chell said...

Hey I was asked to say hello to Dave from Marit Mautz and Aaron Walser. I spent a few days with Marit, and Aaron wasn't able to make the trip but the rest of his family was there.. I will have pics of his kiddos posted tonight I hope...

The Skinners said...

how pretty! I love that you are always out doing fun things...