Here are some pictures from our trip to DC this weekend! Thanks to Desiree and Chad for letting us stay at their house! We stayed up late Friday night reminiscing about how awesome Price is and all the fun things there are to do there. I would have posted a picture of them, but Desiree won't let me :)
Washington DC Temple
We really wanted to see Ford's Theater (where President Lincoln was shot) but they are closed for renovations until next year.

After Lincoln was shot, they carried him to this house across the street.

This is the actual room where Lincoln died the next morning.
Next, we went to the National Archives where the Constitution and Declaration of Indepence are held (think National Tresure).
Washington Monument

The Natural History Museum. We liked the mammals and the insects.
The Natural History Museum. We liked the mammals and the insects.
Lunch on the mall, sandwiches provided by Desiree and Chad.
The Holocaust Memorial Museum. Such a powerful exhibit filled with artifacts, photographs and video footage of this atrocity.

Spring was in the air. It was a PERFECT day. Not too hot, not too cold. We did miss the cherry blossoms though. They will probably start blooming in the next week or two.

The Holocaust Memorial Museum. Such a powerful exhibit filled with artifacts, photographs and video footage of this atrocity.
Spring was in the air. It was a PERFECT day. Not too hot, not too cold. We did miss the cherry blossoms though. They will probably start blooming in the next week or two.
6 comments:
Looks like you had fun. There is so much to see down there you can make several trips and still not see it all.
How fun! I am so jealous! I'll bet it was fun to see Desiree.
Seth and I were just talking about how we want to go there (DC) soon and take the kids. I think it would be so neat to go see all that stuff. MMMM and I love Italian icecream its soooooooo nummy. Anyways I am still so envious at your adventures.
So, guess what? We went to D.C. last Saturday, too. Too bad we didn't see you guys there. Maybe next time we could caravan out there together. ;) Sounds like you had a good time. All of your pics look really fun.
looks like a fun time! I love DC its one of my favorite places out here.
I'm so glad that you got a fun spring break trip in despite the forces at work against you. The force working against me won out so we just stuck around here. So that makes me jealous :)
Post a Comment