It's true what they say. The older you get, the faster time flies. Here's what we've been up to lately.
.
This is what I've been doing in my spare time the past few weeks (in other words between 10 pm and midnight, after Cole is asleep). Necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Every year my family goes to Cedaredge Colorado to visit our cousins and attend Applefest. This year a bunch of us decided to go in on a booth. Two of my sisters and I made jewelry, my other sister made tutu's, a cousin made Christmas cards, another cousin made assorted crafts, an aunt made tote bags and a friend made vinyl signs, blocks and clocks.
My jewelry is on the 3 panels on the left
After a long day at the park we had our annual quickie-pie cookout

Later that night Cole went swimming for the first time at our hotel
I'm not sure who had more fun, Cole or the aunts and cousins


Cole with his cousin Brookleigh




Two weeks ago Dave and his dad went hiking in Canyonlands. They went to see the "All American Man". It's an Anasazi pictograph dating from around 1250 A.D. He gets his name from his red, white and blue coloring. It's painted on the inside wall of a small sandstone alcove. Because of it's remote location and shelter from the environment (out of direct sunlight and high above any flood water), the All American Man has remained protected from deterioration and vandalism.



While Dave and his dad were hiking, Cole and I went to a family reunion in Manti.
My grandpa and his two brothers
Later that night Cole went swimming for the first time at our hotel
The other day we took a drive up Provo Canyon. The Fall colors are amazing. And I can't believe there is already snow on the mountains!
Two weeks ago Dave and his dad went hiking in Canyonlands. They went to see the "All American Man". It's an Anasazi pictograph dating from around 1250 A.D. He gets his name from his red, white and blue coloring. It's painted on the inside wall of a small sandstone alcove. Because of it's remote location and shelter from the environment (out of direct sunlight and high above any flood water), the All American Man has remained protected from deterioration and vandalism.

While Dave and his dad were hiking, Cole and I went to a family reunion in Manti.
My grandpa and his two brothers
Rolling down the temple hill
The reason we had our reunion in Manti was so that we could start going through my great grandma's house. It has been empty for over a year and we will probably eventually sell it. It was so fun to see all of her old things and take a walk down memory lane. I came away with an antique baby dress, some old coins and some antique kitchen items.
6 comments:
How fun! You are so talented with your jewelry! I know you can make cute blankets too.... AMAZING. Hey we are coming to Utah end of October first of Nov. and would like to see you if you are around. Email me and we can chat about it... linzskinner@msn.com
Wow looks like you guys have been busy! Looks like you guys are enjoying being back in Utah.
Gorgeous pictures!
couldn't read the whole post, our comp. crashed so I'm at matthew's office using one. ANyway, Cole is still so handsome! miss you guys!
Those pictures of Provo Canyon are beautiful! Thanks for letting me know what I'm missing :) Fall in Utah is the best! Nice work on the jewelry! Cole is as cute as ever.
Emily! It's Allison (formerly Sonntag) Jossie. Cole is adorable and you look great too! I'd love to send you an invite to my blog. Send me an e-mail at allisonsj@gmail.com and I'll send an invite over. My blog is called "Sonnie's Stories" just so you know.
Post a Comment