I used to love that movie. Dave and I had our first over night babysitting experience this past weekend. We watched our good friend's little girls while they had a well-deserved night away (celebrating their anniversary). It wasn't quite like the movie, we didn't have to rush downtown to rescue a friend, get hijacked, and somehow end up on the ledge of a 50 story building. Things actually went quite smoothly (even bedtime) and now I feel a little better about becoming a mom. Honestly, it scares me to death to be responsible for a little baby.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Adventures in Babysitting
I used to love that movie. Dave and I had our first over night babysitting experience this past weekend. We watched our good friend's little girls while they had a well-deserved night away (celebrating their anniversary). It wasn't quite like the movie, we didn't have to rush downtown to rescue a friend, get hijacked, and somehow end up on the ledge of a 50 story building. Things actually went quite smoothly (even bedtime) and now I feel a little better about becoming a mom. Honestly, it scares me to death to be responsible for a little baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Little babies are easy...it's when they turn 5 that it gets scary! I love that movie. "Thor" was here a month or so ago filming some things with the American Fork Police Dept. I so wanted to go hold up signs that said "I love Thor" but Shad thought it might be a bit much. My sister's husband had him sign their copy of the movie. Funny stuff.
Having your own is nothing like babysitting, I promise. Thank goodness!
You'll be such GREAT parents!! You'll lose plenty of sleep wondering if your newborn is still breathing and if your doing what you are suppose to, but just say your prayers and you'll survive it all.
The girls love you guys, thanks again!!
I LOVED that movie too! I'm glad your overnighting experience wasn't anything like it, though. And I'm with everyone else so far--you'll be great parents and taking care of your own is nothing like babysitting. You'll do great!
You guys will be fine! Just look at everyday as a big adventure and learn to laugh...
Oh that movie was a fave of mine too. Glad you survived your adventure..
Oh good, I'm glad it went well:) You have plenty of experience with watching kids. I remember you being the babysitter all the time. You are going to be a wonderful Mom:)
I loved that movie!!! I have no doubt that you will be the BEST mom!
Post a Comment