At the end of July we bought our first home! We looked and looked and looked and were in no hurry to buy, but when this historic home came on the market I knew we had found a house that I would be happy in. It was built in 1914 for a local dentist and is a bungalow style home (which I love). I want to do some more research on the home but haven't found the time yet. I took these pictures before we actually bought the house. Now that we've been in it for 3 months I should show what it looks like with furniture and decorations. But before pictures are fun too.
I love the huge open front room. The fireplace mantle is original to the home and is beautiful.
Cole's room
Drew's room
Master bedroom (it also has a half bath)
Main bathroom
Kitchen (with a laundry room off to the side)
The basement could be a separate apartment, though we have no intention of renting it out. We use it for storage and guest accomadations and Dave and boys build forts down there :) It has two bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchen, and laundry area.
So far we have really loved being in this house. It feels so good to finally have our own place!
Dave lost a bet at work, thus the mustache
4th of July
We started out with breakfast...
then played at the park...
then BBQ'd with the fam
Cole and Drew taking a spin in the jeep
Summer work party at Huntington Res
The boys loved playing in the shallow water
and Cole caught his first crawdad!
Later that evening we went to Cleveland Days
I think this will have to become a tradition for us. They had an awesome fireworks show but no crowd! We loved it!
Drew took his FIRST STEPS on July 17 @ 10 months old. I got a video of it but can't get the video to upload. This picture is from a week later and he was walking all over the place!
24th of July in Beaver
Oh how we love small town celebrations!
Here's the crew ready for the parade to begin
Cole going after some candy
Looks like Drew and daddy are enjoying the parade too!
Cole attempted the foot races again. He took about two steps and then ran back to Dave (which is pretty much what happened the last two years). Then they ran the race together but by that time it was just them and this other kid finishing together.
Drew and Cole driving great grandma's antique cars
Cole taking his turn whacking the pinata
CANDY!
Even Drew got in on the candy action. He sure looks happy!
Our family with Grandma Lessing. She sure know how to put on a good party!
No comments:
Post a Comment