Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Years Par-tay

New Years Traditions:
Dinner (favorite spots are the Greek Streak and Balance Rock Cafe)
 Party at mom and dad's house
 Drew even got into it this year
 Ring in the new year with poppers or pots and pans or anything that makes noise. Cole was not a fan of the noise.

This year we started a new tradition. We voted on the best family quote of the year. And since this is the first year we've done it, we also did a best quote of all time category. I had people submit quotes and then we had everyone vote on their favorites. We then compiled a Top 10 list for each category.

Best Quotes of the Year
10. "We don't eat butt cream"-Ramie
9. "This my house!"-Brookleigh (referring to an Indian dwelling at Lake Powell)
8. "Tell us about Scamp"-Gramps (referring to Carolines boyfriend, not knowing his real name)
7. "Hey you kids better settle down or I'll put your finger in the pencil sharpener!"-Gramps
6."I want some chocolate. That's what me needs"-Kody
5. Grandma Lana to Cole: "Do you want chocolate milk?" Cole: "No milk, just chocolate!"
4. "Mommy, I want to go to Grandmas house so you can go to work so you can buy
 me a doll" -Emilia
3. "That's Soren's little sister"-Ramie (referring to a Yoda backpack)
2. "It's no fair Grandpa Greg gets to sleep through church"-Paige
1. "Save Me Jesus!"-Koen (as he was being dragged out of sacrament meeting for being naughty)

Best Quotes of All Time
10. It was a four way tie:
 "Mommy's going to have a girl and daddy's going to have a boy"-Wendy
"We had a weed fest in Hanksville"-Karen (after pulling weeds all day at Grandma Jean's house)
 Little Richard, when he was playing house with Mary Ann, while sitting in the high chair, pointed at Mary Ann and said sheepishly "She's my mudder".
"Mmm, good sandwich"-Jordan (while taking the sacrament bread)
9. "I sell oss the ladee"-Benjamin (at Fish Lake when he fall off a ladder)
8. "Hold to your cream puffs girls!"-Karen (while driving to Heather's wedding reception)
7. "Where the hell are we?"-3 year old Amy (waking up in the van on the way to California)
6. Anne to Stephanie: "Steph you get to be an aunt!"  Steph: "No, uncle."
5. "Mikey, come wipe my bum! I'm not strong enough!"-Keenan
4. "You call this Christmas???"-Mitch
3. "All he needs is booze and grass to make him happy" -Angie (referring to baby Keenan who was playing happily on the grass and laughing when anyone said Boo)
2. "So how did Phil train the leprochauns?" -Angie (after listening to Emily's History Fair presentation on how Philo T. Farnsworth trained electrons to make television pictures)
1. Mikey to Jana: "You always make up words" Jana: "I do NOT make up words, you Doink!"

And by the way, this year when we got home from dinner, I asked who would be in favor of celebrating the new year with the East Coast (at 10:00) and everyone agreed. So, call us party poopers, but we had a great party, went home early, got the kids to bed, and I climbed into bed at 11:55 and didn't even wait the extra 5 minutes to fall asleep. Having kids changes everything :)

No comments: